Timeline of Animal Equality
This is a timeline of Animal Equality, an international non-profit animal rights organization working with society, governments, and companies to end cruelty to farmed animals. Animal Equality is currently active in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Venezuela and India.
|Time period||Development summary|
|2006||Animal Equality launches in Spain. First demonstations take place. Also first operations in Latin America.|
|2007||First open rescues by Animal Equality activists.|
|2008||First investigations inside Spanish slaughterhouses.|
|2011||First operations in India.|
|2012||Operations in Mexico, Germany, and Italy begin.|
|2014||Animal Equality incorporates as a non-profit in the United States. The organization is recognized as "Top Charity" by Animal Charity Evaluators.|
|2015||Animal Charity Evaluators choses Animal Equality as a ‘Top Charity’ for the second year in a row.|
|2016||Animal Equality launches its iAnimal virtual reality film series. Animal Charity Evaluators choses Animal Equality as a ‘Top Charity’ for the third year in a row.|
|2017||Animal Equality starts international operations through its Corporate Outreach Department. The first campaigns and outreach to companies begin.|
|2018||Animal Equality retains status as "Top Charity" by Animal Charity Evaluators.|
|Year||Month and date||Event type||Details||Location|
|2006||January||Founding||Animal Equality is founded in Spain by Jose Valle, Javier Moreno and Sharon Nunez, with the mission to attain a world "where all animals are respected and protected."||Spain|
|2006||September||Activism||Two of Animal Equality's founders, as well as two other activists, chain themselves to the entrance of a slaughterhouse in Madrid. This is first action by the organization gaining a great amount of media attention.||Spain|
|2006||October||Activism||Animal Equality activists demonstrate in the Japanese embassy in Madrid against killing of dolphins in Japan.||Spain|
|2006||October||Expansion||Animal Equality starts working in Latin America, creating groups of activists in different countries who carry out protests and distribute pro-veg leaflets.||Latin America|
|2007||February||Activism||Animal Equality activists protest the use of animals in circuses in Madrid.||Spain|
|2007||March||Activism||Animal Equality activists protest the killing of seals in Canada at the Canadian embassy in Madrid.||Canada|
|2007||September||Rescue||Animal Equality carries out Spain's first Open Rescue of six piglets from a factory farm, and becomes the first organization in Europe to carry out an open rescue. The pigs are brought to a sanctuary.||Spain|
|2008||April||Activism||Animal Equality activists in demonstration display a banner at the Osborne bull, one of Spain's biggest symbols.||Spain|
|2008||August||Investigation||Animal Equality conducts and presents its first investigation into pig farms. The footage reveals by the organization showing the conditions suffered by pigs in Spain in a farm-related with Campofrío Food Group, one of Spain's biggest meat producers.|
|2008||September||Investigation||Animal Equality activists use undercover hidden cameras to film the killing of a bull in Tordesillas, Spain.||Spain|
|2008||September||Activism||Animal Equality activists demonstrate against bullfighting events in Spain by showing a banner that reads "respect animals" from the sky.||Spain|
|2008||October||Activism||Animal Equality protests bullfighting in Zaragoza, Spain, by lowering a banner from the city's largest bullring. The action is covered by Spanish national television, as well as local papers, and reaches millions of people. In the same month, Animal Equality activists jump into a bullring in Zaragoza, Spain, to protest the killing of bulls for entertainment.||Spain|
|2008||December||Activism||Animal Equality commemorates Animal Rights Day in Madrid by honoring animals who suffer in factory farms and slaughterhouses. This action is replicated by other organizations around the world.||Spain|
|2008||December||Rescue||Animal Equality activists manage to rescue ten hens from a factory farm in Spain. The rescue of animals is viewed on television by over 2.5 million people on Spanish TV.||Spain|
|2008||December||Investigation||Animal Equality conducts its first investigation inside Spanish slaughterhouses. Jose Valle, who would become Animal Equality’s Director of Investigations, visits five slaughterhouses in northern Spain and the images are shown in the media.||Spain|
|2009||January||Activism||Animal Equality activists carry out a protest against fur in a shopping mall in Seville, Spain.||Spain|
|2009||February||Activism||Animal Equality activists carry a protest against a judge who was shown hunting in the media.|
|2009||February||Activism||Animal Equality activists carry out its first fashion runway disruption in Madrid to protest against the cruelty of the fur industry.||Spain|
|2009||April||Activism||Animal Equality activists lower a banner against bullfighting in Seville.||Spain|
|2009||September||Investigation||Animal Equality releases hidden-camera footage of bullfighting event Toro de la Vega tournament, revealing scenes of cruelty.||Spain|
|2009||Ocotber 16||Expansion||Animal Equality registers as a non-profit limited company in the United Kingdom, with Toni Shephard as Executive Director.||United Kingdom|
|2009||December||Rescue||Animal Equality activists conduct the first open rescue of lambs in Spain during Christmas Eve. The rescue is lived streamed becoming the first lived stream open rescue to be carried out.||Spain|
|2009||December||Activism||Animal Equality celebrates its second Animal Rights Day, and brings together hundreds of activists from different European countries.|
|2010||February||Activism||Animal Equality activists carry out its first fashion runway disruption in Madrid, to protest against the cruelty of fur farming.||Spain|
|2010||February||Activism||Animal Equality activists protest against fur farming and bring hundreds of people together in Madrid.||Spain|
|2010||March||Activism||Animal Equality demonstrates again against bullfighting. The organization lowers a banner in PPuente de Segovia, Madrid.||Spain|
|2010||May||Investigation||Animal Equality releases second investigation into Spanish pig farms, covering in detail over 140 farms. The images captured by the organization are released in prime-time on Spanish television.||Spain|
|2010||September||Investigation||Animal Equality activists infiltrate en Tordesillas, and record the death of bull Platanito.||Spain|
|2010||September||Rescue||Animal Equality activists manage to rescue five hens from a factory farm in Spain.||Spain|
|2010||December||Activism||Animal Equality activists commemorate Animal Rights Day with a demonstration at Leicester Square in London.||United Kingdom|
|2011||January||Expansion||Animal Equality starts operations in India, with Amruta Ubale as Executive Director.||India|
|2011||February||Activism||Animal Equality activists march against animal experiments in Catalonia.||Spain|
|2011||September||Investigation||Animal Equality releases an investigation inside ten Spanish zoos, gaining national attention and sparking a national debate in the country about zoos and aquariums.||Spain|
|2011||November||Activism||Animal Equality activists document a lamb killing ritual in Melilla celebrating muslim holyday Festival of Sacrifice. Aproximately 6,000 lambs are killed en Melilla, plus more Ceuta, and almost seven million in Morocco, in relation to the ritual.||Spain|
|2011||December||Activism||Animal Equality brings hundreds of activists together in Madrid for its fourth Animal Rights Day.|
|2012||January 14||Expansion||Animal Equality is registered as an organization in Italy, with Matteo Cupi as Executive Director.||Italy|
|2012||May||Expansion||Thomas Hecquet, Vera Witke, Dani Schmid, Hendrick Hassel and other activists launch Animal Equality in Germany, with Vera Wtike as Executive Director.||Germany|
|2012||June||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation uncovering the cruelty behind the capturing and killing of tuna in Carloforte, Italy.||Italy|
|2012||July||Investigation||Animal Equality begins investigation into the foie gras industry. The investigation would extend for several years.|
|2012||September||Expansion||Animal Equality starts operations in Mexico, with Dulce Ramírez as Executive Director.||Mexico|
|2012||November||Investigation||Animal Equality investigation into British pig farms results in the closure of Harling Farm and the prosecution of its workers for animal cruelty. They receive the longest sentence ever handed down for abuse of farmed animals.||United Kingdom|
|2012||November||Investigation||After foie gras investigation by Animal Equality, COOP, the largest supermarket chain in Italy, decides to end the sale of foie gras.||Italy|
|2012||November||Achievement||The Government of India accepts Animal Equality’s suggestion of a sensor device to prevent elephant deaths due to train accidents.||India|
|2012||December||Activism||Animal Equality activists organize their fifth Animal Rights Day in the center of Madrid.||Spain|
|2012||December||Activism||Animal Equality organizes the first congress against repression in Spain.||Spain|
|2012||December||Investigation||Following AnimalEquality investigation releasing footage inside foie-gras farms, the third best restaurant in the world, Mugartiz, in Rentería, Guipúzcoa, Spain, is fined for using foie-gras coming from illegal farms.||Spain|
|2013||March||Investigation||Animal Equality releases results of ten months of investigation the zoo Schwaben Park in Germany and documents the suffering of the chimpanzees held there.||Germany|
|2013||March||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation revealing images of cruelty to lambs in farms and slaughterhouses in Italy. Following this investigation, lamb meat consumption would decrease during Easter holidays.||Italy|
|2013||May||Rescue||Animal Equality's investigators rescue Vita, a dog used for breeding, from a slaughterhouse in China and take her to Europe where she gives birth to nine babies a short time later.||China|
|2013||July||Investigation/Achievement||Animal Equality investigates thirteen circuses in the Mexican state of Jalisco, leading to the confiscation of animals in very bad condition, and two initiatives prohibiting circuses in Guadalajara and Jalisco.||Mexico|
|2013||September||Rescue||Animal Equality rescues six hens from an egg factory farm in Germany.||Germany|
|2013||September||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation on dog and cat meat market in Dali, Guangdong, China, revealing cruelty.||China|
|2013||October||Achievement||Animal Equality’s investigations in China succeed in promoting the closure of a dog slaughterhouse and 33 dog and cat markets.||China|
|2014||March||Activism||Animal Equality activists demonstrate in front of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin and commemorate all those animals who suffer in factory farming and die.||Germany|
|2014||April||Recognition||Nonprofit Animal Charity Evaluators choses Animal Equality as a ‘Top Charity’ and recognizes it as one of the three most efficient animal rights organizations in the world.|
|2014||April||Achievement||After investigations by Animal Equality released in 2013, the consumption of lamb meat in Italy is reduced 40% during the Easter Holidays.||Italy|
|2014||May||Investigation||Animal Equality publishes investigation on the extreme cruelty within the Halal meat industry in Italy. This coincides with the celebration of the “Eid al-Adha”, also called the “Feast of the Sacrifice”.||Italy|
|2014||May||Achievement||After requests by Animal Equality, a directive issued by India's Ministry of Home Affairs reduces the number of large animals killed at the Gadhimai festival by 80%.||India|
|2014||May||Investigation||Animal Equality conducts investigation of more than 70 facilities across Europe that breed or raise rabbits for meat.||Europe|
|2014||August||Achievement||As a direct result of Animal Equality’s investigations, the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs passes a nationwide ban on the importation of foie gras.||India|
|2014||August||Investigation||Animal Equality in Germany releases investigation revealing found major deficiencies in hygiene, alarming conditions and animal suffering in meat company Edeka, the largest German supermarket corporation.||Germany|
|2014||Sepember||Achievement||Guadalajara city in Mexico prohibits the exhibition and use of animals of any kind in circus shows, after initiative presented by Animal Equality a year earlier, in collaboration with animal welfare organization Justicia y Dignidad Animal AC.||Mexico|
|2014||November||Animal Equality’s international directors Sharon Nunez and Jose Valle incorporate Animal Equality as a non-profit 501(c) organization in the United States.||United States|
|2014||December||Achievement||Following an Animal Equality investigation into rabbit farms in Spain and Italy, The Terrace restaurant in London stops offering rabbit meat on their menus.||Spain, Italy, United Kingdom|
|2014||December||Investigation/rescue||Animal Equality Italy exposes the suffering behind live animals transport direct to the slaughterhouses and rescue two lambs during the investigation.||Italy|
|2014||December||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation revealing cruelty in German duck farms and the country's largest suppliers are forced to close for several months. Workers face possible legal consequences.||Germany|
|2014||December||Financial||Animal Equality closes year with a budget of US$200,000.|
|2015||February||Achievement||Following an Animal Equality investigation, Mexico's Office of Environmental Protection seizes over 100 animals from a decrepit zoo called "Club of the Little Animals", where 40 dead animals where found in a freezer.||Mexico|
|2015||March||Rescue||Animal Equality activists manage to rescue several animals from the Italian lamb meat industry, including little Basilico.||Italy|
|2015||April||Achievement||The Mexican state of Jalisco prohibits the use of animals in circuses. This after an initiative presented by Animal Equality, and supported by local groups.||Mexico|
|2015||May||Investigation||Animal Equality investigators visit two farms in Northern Germany, one supplying to Deutsche Frühstücksei GmbH, Germany's largest egg producer, and uncover cruel conditions in the facilities.||Germany|
|2015||June||Animal Equality collaborates with an Italian TV program to show the audience shocking cruelty in several Italian pig farms and slaughterhouses.|
|2015||July||Activism||Animal Equality campaign agaist sale of fur clothing reaches 100,000 firms.|
|2015||September||Expansion||Animal Equality starts its first program at Mexican universities, delivering free vegetarian guides to students from different universities across the country.||Mexico|
|2015||September||Policy||Animal Equality focuses its efforts on farmed animals, commiting resources to end the worst forms of animal suffering.|
|2015||November||Investigation||Animal Equality reveals investigation in China, showing brutal killing of dogs for their skins.||China|
|2015||November||Investigation||Animal Equality launches internationally an investigation inside chicken hatcheries. The footage was filmed over the course of two years and. During the following weeks, several media outlets, such as The India Times, The Sun, Metro and Daily Mail, would cover the story after the video goes viral on social media.|
|2015||December||Recognition||Animal Charity Evaluators choses Animal Equality as a ‘Top Charity’ for the second year in a row, and recognizes it as one of the three most efficient animal rights organizations in the world.|
|2016||January||Animal Equality presents its virtual reality project iAnimal during its international premiere in the prestigious Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah.||United States|
|2016||January||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation exposing squalor and suffering on award-winning British pig farms linked to major supermarkets.||United Kingdom|
|2016||March||Animal Charity Evaluators choses Animal Equality as a ‘Top Charity’ for the third year in a row.|
|2016||April||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation revealing the suffering of rabbits during live export and the slaughtering in Italy.|
|2016||June||Investigation||Animal Equality presents evidence in the European Union Parliament from its investigations into rabbit farms, supporting a campaign to ban the battery-cage farming of rabbits.|
|2016||June||Investigation||Animal Equality produces new film developed using 360 degree virtual reality technology, showing viewers exactly what its like being a chicken inside a factory farm. The video, which is shot in Mexican and British slaughterhouses, was filmed by investigators over several months.|
|2016||August||Rescue||During an investigation into British chicken farms, Animal Equality investigators rescue a weak young bird who was thrown into the rubbish skip still alive. The bird is taken to an animal sanctuary and named Gloria.||United Kingdom|
|2016||August||Funding||The Open Philanthropy Project recommends a grant of US$500,000 over two years to Animal Equality to support its work to end the confinement of hens in battery cages.|
|2016||September||Achievement||Trial in Spain against four defendants finds them guilty and sentences them to prison, four years after Animal Equality revealed severe animal cruelty on the El Escobar pig farm in Spain.||Spain|
|2016||September||Expansion||Animal Equality launches its Corporate Outreach Department.|
|2016||October||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation uncovering violent abuse of cows and their calves on a family-run British dairy farm.|
|2016||October||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation into Mexican battery-cage egg farms, the first investigation ever conducted inside factory farms in the country.|
|2016||October||Animal Equality launches the first film in its iAnimal virtual reality film series. Presented and narrated by artist and musician Tony Kanal.|
|2016||November||Investigation||Animal Equality releases an extensive undercover investigation inside 31 slaughterhouses in seven different states in Mexico, revealing extreme cruelty against animals.|
|2016||November||Expansion||Animal Equality hires 10 people internationally for its Corporate Outreach Department, working in five countries.|
|2016||November||Expansion||Animal Equality opens office in Brazil, with Vivian Mocellin as Executive Director.||Brazil|
|2016||November||Recognition||Animal Charity Evaluators names Animal Equality a Standout Charity.|
|2016||December||Animal Equality releases its second 360º virtual reality film, showing scenes into the lives of chickens raised for meat.|
|2016||December||Financial||Animal Equality surpasses its fundraising goal for the year of US$2.9 million, taking in US$3.2 million.|
|2017||January||Expansion||Animal Equality begins the first campaigns and outreach to companies.|
|2017||February||Investigation||Shocking investigation by Animal Equality inside the egg industry gets massive media exposure. Following this, the selling of eggs drops for an entire week according to the 'Asso Avi' president of the Italian egg industry.||Italy|
|2017||February||Campaign||Animal Equality launches campaign to end cages for hens in Italy, with an investigation inside the egg industry showing systemic cruelty and neglect. Since the launch of this investigation, the campaign would convince 22 companies, including food giants such as Carrefour and Lidl, to ban cages for hens.||Italy|
|2017||March||Investigation||Animal Equality vists several farms across Mexico and documents systemic cruelty in the dairy industry. The investigation reveals painful mutilations and forced pregnancies.||Mexico|
|2017||March||Investigation||Animal Equality activists release photographs taken at a Marks & Spencer Milk Pool farm showing calves over the age of eight weeks being kept in individual pens.||United Kingdom|
|2017||March||Achievement||An initiative by German politician Stefan Eck aimed at ending cages for rabbits raised by the meat industry is approved by the European Parliament. Animal Equality supports the initiative with #BanRabbitCages.|
|2017||May||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation revealing shocking pictures from a chicken factory farm in Lower Saxony, Germany.||Germany|
|2017||May||Achievement||Thanks to footage taken by Animal Equality, a farm-worker admits having caused unnecessary suffering to cows and their calves at a dairy farm in Somerset, England.||United Kingdom|
|2017||May||Achievement||The Indian Ministry of Environment and Forests notifies the stringent Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Regulation of Livestock Markets) Rules, 2017 under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, banning the sale and purchase of cattle from animal markets for slaughter in India. The new rules are based on findings by Animal Equality, which revealed cruelties inflicted on dairy animals across the country.|
|2017||May||Investigation||Animal Equality releases the first-ever investigation into Brazil’s egg industry, revealing disturbing animal abuse inside the country’s egg factory farms that cage hens.||Brazil|
|2017||May||Funding||The Open Philanthropy Project recommends a grant of US$292,000 to Animal Equality to support farm animal welfare work in India.||India|
|2017||July||Activism||Celebrities and politicians join Animal Equality’s campaign for a #FoieGrasFreeGB, demanding the Parliament of the United Kingdom to ban the importation of foie gras on the day UK exits the European Union.|
|2017||July||Animal Equality introduces legal initiative to criminalize animal abuse in Mexican state of Jalisco.||Mexico|
|2017||July||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation showing horrific and illegal cruelties inflicted on egg-laying hens in India.|
|2017||July||Investigation||Animal Equality uses drones to investigate factory farming. The obtained footage shows facilities across Catalonia, Spain full of toxic waste that is harming nearby residents and animals.||Spain|
|2017||July||Investigation||Animal Equality releases its third iAnimal, a virtual-reality tour of conditions in dairy farms in Mexico, Germany and Britain. The VR technology allows viewers to “stand” in a barn and look all around.|
|2017||August||Animal Equality introduces initiative in Jalisco state to make cruelty tp farmed animals a felony.||Mexico|
|2017||September||Activism||Animal Equality arranges major virtual reality exhibition called Factory Farming: Greatest crime of our time? in European Parliament in Brussels. The exhibition is part of the group's mission to end factory farming.||Belgium|
|2017||September||Achievement||British retailer Marks & Spencer becomes the first supermarket to sell Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Assured fresh milk, following farm inspections by Animal Equality.||United Kingdom|
|2017||September||Investigation||Animal Equality releases a nationwide investigation in India, and reveals chicken production violating basic animal welfare and food safety standards.||India|
|2017||October||Animal Equality presents an exhibition in the Mexican Senate showing photographs inside Mexican farms and slaughterhouses, as well as presenting its virtual reality project to Senators in Mexico. The presentation is accompanied by Mexican television personality Marco Antonio Regil.||Mexico|
|2017||November||Recognition||Animal Charity Evaluators names Animal Equality a "Top Charity".|
|2017||November||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation inside the Indian dairy industry, covering small, medium and large dairies across the entire country. 107 dairy farms and eight slaughterhouses are visited. As part of the campaign, Animal Equality encourages people to eliminate dairy from their diets through its educational efforts.||India|
|2017||November||Funding||The Open Philanthropy Project recommends four grants totaling US$2,110,460 to expand Animal Equality’s farm animal welfare work in Europe. The funding has the purpose to support corporate outreach and animal welfare campaigns, investigations, and capacity building for Animal Equality’s teams in Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.||Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom|
|2017||December||Investigation||Animal Equality investigators infiltrate the Italian lamb meat industry showing images of one of the roughly 200 abattoirs that are allowed to slaughter animals without pre-stunning.|
|2017||December||Activism||Animal Equality activists demonstrate in Puerta del sol advocating for the abolition of fur clothing in the textile industry.||Spain|
|2017||Year round||Investigation||AnimalEquality releases a total of 23 investigations which expose the realities of industrial farming in seven countries. The organization would win 42 critical corporate policy changes.|
|2017||Year round||Achievement||Animal Equality secures 42 commitments from companies to ban cages confining hens in their supply chain.|
|2018||January||Animal Equality releases a study, in collaboration with nonprofit Faunalytics, about the impact of video outreach.|
|2018||January||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation inside pig slaughterhouses in Italy.|
|2018||February||Investigation||Animal Equality releases scenes of extreme animal suffering on a Spanish pig farm which supplies El Pozo, a sausage brand stocked by several major retailers. The investigation is presented in collaboration with the Spanish TV program Salvados.|
|2018||March||Investigation||Animal Equality releases an investigation into the Italian rabbit meat industry showing how it routinely ignores the rules and regulations meant to minimize animal suffering during the slaughter process.||Italy|
|2018||March 1||Activism||Animal Equality visits South by Southwest in Texas, one of the words most important interactive, film, and music festivals to show iAnimal to hundreds of attendees.||United States|
|2018||March||Investigation/Achievement||After Animal Equality releases shocking scenes of suffering filmed on a Noble Foods caged-hen farm in Dorset, England, the British egg producer announces a commitment to producing solely cage-free egg production by 2025. The decision would reduce the suffering of millions of birds every year.||United Kingdom|
|2018||March||Activism||Animal Equality launches campaign to help chickens exploited for McDonald's, and publishes a full-page open letter in The New York Times to launch the campaign.|
|2018||March||Investigation||Animal Equality releases footage showing 'horrific conditions' endured by 500,000 chickens in an English farm supplying eggs to major supermarkets, after obtaining it by placing hidden cameras at the farm.|
|2018||April||Activism||English writer Bill Oddie joins Animal Equality campaigners to call on Michael Gove to ‘Make Britain Foie Gras-free’, after collecting 70,000 signatures backing an import ban post-Brexit.||United Kingdom|
|2018||April||Investigation||Animal Equality releases investigation on several chicken farms and meat markets across India, and reveals cruel practices in the chicken meat industry.||India|
|2018||May 24||Activism||Members of Animal Equality demonstrate in front of McDonald's new Chicago headquarters to urge the company to eliminate the cruelest standard practices used by its chicken suppliers.||United States|
|2018||May||Investigation||Animal Equality conducts the first investigation into the Mexican chicken industry exposing the suffering of these animals at hatcheries, farms, during transportation and at slaughterhouses.||Mexico|
|2018||May||Investigation||Animal Equality releases scenes of animal abuse filmed on Fir Tree pig farm in Lincolnshire, England, which is owned by Elsham Linc – one of Britain’s largest pig producers. A hidden camera filmed men hitting the animals and prodding them with a pitchfork. The three men caught on camera admitted abusing pigs.||United Kingdom|
|2018||November||Recognition||Animal Equality is rated "Top charity" by Animal Charity Evaluators.|
Meta information on the timeline
How the timeline was built
The initial version of the timeline was written by User:Sebastian.
Funding information for this timeline is available.
Feedback and comments
Feedback for the timeline can be provided at the following places:
What the timeline is still missing
Timeline update strategy
- "Animal Equality". crunchbase.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "CHANGING THE WORLD FOR ANIMALS". animalequality.org. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Jose Valle Interview". arzonetranscripts.wordpress.com. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Open Rescue". openrescue.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Protesta antitaurina ante un toro de Osborne". diariocritico.com. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Activistas de Igualdad Animal se descuelgan del Toro de Osborne". forovegetariano.org. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Varios activistas de Igualdad Animal se descuelgan del Toro de Osborne para reivindicar la abolición de la tauromaquia". igualdadanimal.org. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Activistas de Igualdad Animal graban imágenes de la matanza del toro de La Vega en Tordesillas". igualdadanimal.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Nuevo Rescate Abierto: Igualdad Animal rescata a 10 gallinas". igualdadanimal.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Nuevo rescate abierto de Igualdad Animal". soyunasupernova.blogspot.com. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Igualdad Animal se descuelga de la Giralda de Sevilla para pedir la abolición de los toros". publico.es. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Sevilla - La Giralda - Tauromaquia Abolicion". flickr.com. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Antitaurinos despliegan una pancarta contra la Fiesta en la Giralda". sevillataurina.com. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "MANIFESTACIÓN ANTI-TAURINA EN SEVILLA". mundobichos.com. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Igualdad Animal despliega una pancarta antitaurina en La Giralda de Sevilla". igualdadanimal.org. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Despliegan una pancarta antitaurina en la Giralda". diariodenavarra.es. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Espectacular protesta antitaurina en Sevilla". diariosur.es. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Así se mata al Toro de la Vega". publico.es. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "El principio del fin del Toro de la Vega". eldiario.es. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "El maltrato animal repunta pese al simbólico fin del Toro de la Vega". eldiario.es. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Defensores de los animales cuelgan en el Puente Segovia una pancarta". elmundo.es. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "CAMBIANDO EL MUNDO PARA LOS ANIMALES". igualdadanimal.mx. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "MUGARITZ AND FOIE GRAS SUPPLYING FARM FINED". animalequality.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Nuevo rescate abierto de gallinas por activistas de Igualdad Animal". meneame.net. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Cinco gallinas rescatadas por Igualdad Animal". igualdadanimal.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "International Animal Rights Day Demonstration". indymedia.org.uk. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "International Animal Rights Day 2010, London". animalequality.net. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Matanza de corderos". tvanimalista.com. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Acclaimed Mugaritz restaurant fined over foie gras". theguardian.com. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "MUGARITZ AND FOIE GRAS SUPPLYING FARM FINED". animalequality.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality deckt traurige Realität im Schwaben Park auf". animalequality.de. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "NVESTIGATION REVEALS ARCHAIC CHIMPANZEE SHOWS AT SCHWABEN PARK, GERMANY". animalequality.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Nueva investigación de Igualdad Animal muestra la explotación de decenas de chimpancés en un circo alemán". igualdadanimal.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "VITA'S RESCUE". voicelessfriends.org. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Vita dando a luz". flickr.com. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "La storia di Vita arriverà ad oltre 700.000 persone". animalequality.it. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Igualdad Animal presenta nuevas y sobrecogedoras imágenes de mercados y mataderos de perros y gatos en China". igualdadanimal.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Dog and cat fur used for bags, toys and clothes in China.". animalequality.net. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "ANIMAL EQUALITY INFILTRATE THE DOG AND CAT MEAT TRADE IN CHINA". animalequality.net. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "A dog slaughterhouse and 33 markets shut down in China". flickr.com. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality". alamy.com. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality". gettyimages.com. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- Wiblin, Robert. "Going undercover to expose animal cruelty, get rabbit cages banned and reduce meat consumption". 80000hours.org. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "A NEW ANIMAL EQUALITY INVESTIGATION REVEALS SHOCKING TORTURE TO LAMBS RAISED FOR THEIR MEAT IN ITALY". animalequality.org. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Edeka "Gutfleisch" – The German Pig Industry Exposed!". animalequality.net. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Abszesse und Kannibalismus: Das Leid der Schweine für billige Würstchen". stern.de. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Edeka "Gutfleisch" – la verità dietro il marchio trasparente". animalequality.it. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "GUADALAJARA PROHÍBE LOS CIRCOS CON ANIMALES". igualdadanimal.mx. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "VICTORY FOLLOWING OUR UNDERCOVER INVESTIGATION INTO RABBIT FARMS!". animalequality.org.uk. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Cruelty in Rabbit Farms". mybunny.org. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Un importante risultato in seguito alla nostra indagine negli allevamenti di conigli in Spagna". animalequality.it. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Cruelty in duck farms in Germany revealed by Animal Equality". youtube.com. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality releases a new shocking investigation into duck farms in Germany". animalequality.net. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Documentación en "El Club de los animalitos"". flickr.com. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "ASÍ MALVIVEN LOS ANIMALES EN EL ZOO DEL DIPUTADO SERGIO GÓMEZ OLIVIER". igualdadanimal.mx. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Exigimos el cierre del Zoológico "El Club de los Animalitos" de Tehuacán, Puebla.". change.org. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "HALLAN 40 ANIMALES MUERTOS EN CONGELADOR DEL ZOO DE UN DIPUTADO MEXICANO". igualdadanimal.mx. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Basilico: Eine Geschichte mit Happy-End". animalequality.de. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "BASILICO: A STORY WITH A HAPPY ENDING.". animalequality.org.uk. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Neue Recherche: Bioeier für den Massenmarkt". animalequality.de. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "ORGANIC EGG FARMS EXPOSED!". animalequality.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Maltrato en granja que suministra al mayor productor de huevos de Alemania". igualdadanimal.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "La campaña de Igualdad Animal contra la venta de pieles de animales en la moda supera las 100.000 firmas". europapress.es. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality's Video Exposing Abuse in Chicken Hatcheries Goes Viral". newswire.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Chicken Hatchery - The Origin of Chicken Meat & Eggs". kinderworld.org. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "ANIMAL EQUALITY'S SHOCKING VIRTUAL REALITY FILM GETS MAJOR ATTENTION AT THE SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL". animalequality.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Sundance Film Festival: Animal Equality präsentiert neuartiges Virtual-Reality-Projekt". animalequality.de. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality sbarca al Sundance Film Festival!". animalequality.it. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality iAnimal Virtual Reality Film Narrated By Amanda Abbington Puts Viewers Inside Factory Farm". huffingtonpost.co.uk. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "GLORIA: THROWN IN A SKIP AND LEFT FOR DEAD". animalequality.org.uk. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality — International Cage-Free Advocacy". openphilanthropy.org. Retrieved 2 May 2019.
- "CONVERSATION WITH SHARON NÚÑEZ OF ANIMAL EQUALITY". animalcharityevaluators.org. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality Exposes Cruelty at Mexican Slaughterhouses A Meat and Dairy Industries Article from All-Creatures.org". all-creatures.org. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Mexican slaughterhouses - An investigation by Animal Equality". youtube.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Grisly Undercover Video Shows Chickens Being Starved To Produce More Eggs". huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "ANIMAL EQUALITY". animalcharityevaluators.org. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "SELECTED CAMPAIGNS". animalequality.org.uk. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "M&S becomes first supermarket to sell RSPCA Assured milk". fwi.co.uk. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "CHICKS THROWN AWAY ALIVE: ANIMAL EQUALITY PRESSES CHARGES AGAINST GERMAN CHICKEN FARM". animalequality.org. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Chicks Discarded Alive On German Chicken Farm". plantbasednews.org. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Protest animal mistreatment at Lower Saxony s chicken farms". latinstock.cl. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Farmhand admits punching and kicking calves". bbc.com. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "THIRD CONVICTION FOR VIOLENT ABUSE FILMED ON A LINCOLNSHIRE PIG FARM". animalequality.org.uk. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality welcomes third animal cruelty conviction for pig abuse". farming.co.uk. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "New rules would help plug gap of regulate animal markets". indiatoday.in. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "BRAZIL'S EGG INDUSTRY EXPOSED IN SHOCKING UNDERCOVER INVESTIGATION REVEALING HORRIFIC ANIMAL CRUELTY". cbj.ca. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality Releases First Investigation Inside Brazil's Egg Factory Farms". plantbasednews.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality — India Animal Welfare Reform". openphilanthropy.org. Retrieved 2 May 2019.
- "BREAKING: ANIMAL EQUALITY USES DRONES TO SHOW THE ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS OF FACTORY FARMING". animalequality.org. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Animal Welfare Groups Have a New Tool: Virtual Reality". nytimes.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "BREAKING: ANIMAL EQUALITY INTRODUCES INITIATIVE IN JALISCO TO MAKE CRUELTY TO FARMED ANIMALS A FELONY!". animalequality.org. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality Sets Up Major Virtual Reality Exhibition In European Parliament". plantbasednews.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Chicken on your plate led short, but a life full of brutalities". hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Inside India's Cruel Chicken Industry". youtube.com. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "ANIMAL EQUALITY TAKES TO THE MEXICAN SENATE TO END CRUELTY TO ANIMALS". animalequality.org. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "ANIMAL EQUALITY". animalcharityevaluators.org. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Animal Equality — EU Farm Animal Welfare". openphilanthropy.org. Retrieved 2 May 2019.
- "Madrid acoge un reivindicativo desfile para protestar contra el uso de pieles de animales en la industria textil". lasexta.com. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "ANIMAL EQUALITY". guidestar.org. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "What Effective Animal Advocacy Looks Like". faunalytics.org. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "BREAKING! SICKENING SCENES OF SUFFERING BEHIND SPANISH SAUSAGES STOCKED BY MAJOR UK RETAILERS". animalequality.org.uk. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "FOSA TÓXICA EN GRANJA PROVEEDORA DE EL POZO". elsecretodeelpozo.com. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- Mosley, Rachel. "Animal Equality". sxtxstate.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Beaming in from SXSW". cosmosmagazine.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "THE UK'S BIGGEST EGG PRODUCER, NOBLE FOODS, COMMITS TO GO 100% CAGE-FREE". animalequality.org.uk. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "UNDERCOVER INVESTIGATION PROMPTS UK'S LARGEST EGG PRODUCER TO GO CAGE-FREE". livekindly.co. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Noble Foods pledges to go cage-free by 2025". cips.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Footage shows 'horrific conditions' endured by 500,000 chickens in farm supplying eggs to major supermarkets". independent.co.uk. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "BILL ODDIE DELIVERS 70,000 SIGNATURES CALLING FOR A #FOIEGRASFREEGB". animalequality.org.uk. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Brexit: Michael Gove under pressure to ban imports of foie gras after Britain leaves EU". independent.co.uk. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "ANIMAL EQUALITY EXPOSES ABUSE AND SUFFERING IN INDIAN CHICKEN INDUSTRY". animalequality.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Activists Protest McDonald's Subpar Animal Welfare Standards During Annual Shareholders Meeting". prnewswire.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Activists Protest McDonald's Subpar Animal Welfare Standards During Annual Shareholders Meeting". newswire.com. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Farmworkers shown jabbing pigs with pitchfork in undercover footage". independent.co.uk. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Three men admit abusing pigs on farm". bbc.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Shocking footage shows farmworkers jabbing pigs with pitchforks". standard.co.uk. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Three farm workers 'relentlessly abused' pigs and hit them with pitchforks in secret filming". yorkshirepost.co.uk. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "RSPCA to investigate Lincolnshire farm after 'workers filmed kicking pigs'". theguardian.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.