Timeline of Neuralink
This is a timeline of Neuralink.
|Time period||Development summary||More details|
|Year||Month and date||Event type||Details|
|2016||July 11||Launch||Neurlaink is founded.|
|2017||January||Elon Musk buys the name Neuralink to a pair of neurotechnology researchers that owned the trademark on "NeuraLink" since 2015 after creating their own startup company.|
|2017||March 28||Elon Musk confirms the existence of Neuralink, and reveals that a longer story about Neuralink would appear on explainer website Wait But Why in a week.|
|2017||April 20||Wait But Why editor Tim Urban posts the first deep look at Neuralink, after Musk petition from about a month and a half before. Musk confirms plans for the company, revealing he will be the chief executive of a startup that aims to merge computers with brains so humans could one day engage in “consensual telepathy.”|
|2017||February||Notable comment||Elon Musk claims “that people would need to become cyborgs to be relevant in an artificial intelligence age.“|
Meta information on the timeline
How the timeline was built
The initial version of the timeline was written by User:Sebastian.
Funding information for this timeline is available.
Feedback and comments
Feedback for the timeline can be provided at the following places:
What the timeline is still missing
Timeline update strategy
- "Neuralink". crunchbase.com. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Meet the Guys Who Sold "Neuralink" to Elon Musk without Even Realizing It". technologyreview.com. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Neuralink". witter.com. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- Constine, Josh. "Elon Musk's brain interface startup Neuralink files $27M fundraise". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Neuralink and the Brain's Magical Future". waitbutwhy.com. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Elon Musk Lays Out Plans to Meld Brains and Computers". wsj.com. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- Isackson, Peter. "The Daily Devil's Dictionary: Will "Everyone" Benefit?". fairobserver.com. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Elon Musk says plan to merge humans with machines is aimed at stopping a 'Terminator'-style scenario". cnbc.com. Retrieved 29 July 2019.