Difference between revisions of "Timeline of Quora"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
Revision as of 14:14, 15 January 2020
The following are some interesting questions that can be answered by reading this timeline:
|Time period||Development summary||More details|
|2010–2011||" January of 2010 and January of 2011, Quora grew a whopping 37,000% in usership, giving the website around 160,000 users at the time." Quora is reviewed extensively by the media in 2010.|
|2012||"in 2012, Quora was valued at over $400 million."|
|2013||"Quora reported 50 percent growth" "Quora released a full-text search of questions and answers" "In 2013, Quora launched a blogging feature, where anyone or writers can share their knowledge"|
|2014||Quora joins startup accelerator Y Combinator. After drawing an $80 million funding from Tiger Global, the company is valued at $900 million. Quora starts attracting continued controversy for using robots.txt to instruct crawlers such as the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine to not index or archive the site.|
|2015||"In 2015, Quora replaced the credit system with a new mechanic with “more” or “less” high authority for questions and answers in the news feed and expert appeals. This is a simpler system to understand, which automatically ranks all posts depending on several factors: the level of expertise of the author in the desired niche, user activity, the number of direct calls to the presenter or responder, and the like."|
|2016||"The first ad that Quora had posted was from Uber in 2016" "2016 Quora became a multilingual platform" "Monetization on the site appeared only in 2016, when they introduced the opportunity to advertise goods and services of third-party resources. Since then, advertising has been the only way to monetize a project, except for the sale of personal data (which is not discussed openly, but everyone does it, especially if you have specific surnames with user names)."|
|2017||Quora reaches 200 million unique visitors every month. "Quora was valued at $1.8 billion following a funding round that raised $85 million" Quora World Meetup starts.|
|2018||Quora reaches 300 million unique visitors every month. The company introduces a program that offers incentives to users that ask questions.|
|2019||"But Silicon Valley now considers Quora — something of a relic of a quainter era on the internet — a $2 billion company, Recode has learned."|
|Year||Month and date (if available)||Event type||Details|
|2009||June 1||Product||Quora is founded by ex-Facebook employees Adam D’Angelo and Charlie Cheever.|
|2010||January 4||Quora first launches in private beta.|
|2010||March||Funding||Quora raises $11 million in a series A, with Benchmark Capital as an investor The company reaches a value of US$86 million.|
|2010||June 21||Product||Quora is first launched for user access.|
|2010||September||"Quora adds ability to insert images, no longer just a Q&A site."|
|2010||December||As a result of the quick increase of its userbase, Quora sees spikes of visitors five to ten times its usual load—so much that the website has difficulties handling the increased traffic.|
|2011||January||Team||Marc Bodnick leaves Elevation Partners to join Quora|
|2011||February||Technology||Quora chooses C++ over C for its high performance services|
|2011||June||Quora redesigns the navigation and usability of its website.|
|2011||July||Product||Quora introduces video to its Q&A pages|
|2011||July||Product||Quora introduces Credits for asking-to-answer questions|
|2011||August 19||In an answer to the question "How did Adam D'Angelo and Charlie Cheever come up with the name Quora?" written on Quora, Charlie Cheever states, "We spent a few hours brainstorming and writing down all the ideas that we could think of. After consulting with friends and eliminating ones we didn't love, we narrowed it down to 5 or 6 finalists, and eventually settled on Quora."|
|2011||September||Product||Quora introduces threaded comments and comment voting.|
|2012||May||Funding||Quora raises $50 million in a series B, with Peter Thiel and Adam D'Angelo as investors|
|2012||August 1||"Quora has added a new feature that lets you see which users are reading which posts. The new feature, simply called Views, displays how many views a particular question, answer, or post has received, and you can click on the number to see even more detailed information. You'll be able to see which registered users viewed the post, as well as how they found it, whether through a particular topic or another user."|
|2012||August 14||" Quora has changed the way it displays information on users' activity after a flood of complaints about the site's recently-introduced Views feature. When a user views a post, this action will no longer show up in other users' news feeds but views will still be displayed on post pages themselves. The site will continue to exclude adult content and searches from public display and users will still have the option of turning off Views entirely." "Quora added a new feature to its “Views” functionality that displayed data in the main Quora feed about what users were viewing on the web. Another way to say this was that others were being told about what you chose to read."|
|2012||August||"Quora launches quote embed feature" "Quora has announced what it’s calling Embedded Quotes, which is essentially a widget that makes it easier for web site owners to include Quora content in their blog posts, articles and web pages."|
|2012||September||Team||Co-founder Charlie Cheever moves away from day-to-day operations at Quora and is announced as an advisor to the company.|
|2012||November||Product||Quora introduces Top Writers program as a way to recognize individuals having made especially valuable content contributions to the site and encourage them to continue.|
|2013||January||Product||Quora introduces a blogging platform allowing users to post non-answer content.|
|2013||March||Product||Quora introduces a policy eliminating image-only answers.|
|2013||March 20||Quora launches a full-text search of questions and answers on its website.|
|2013||May||Quora extends the feature to mobile devices.|
|2013||May||Quora announces that usage metrics tripled relative to the same time in the prior year.|
|2013||November||Quora introduces a feature called Stats to allow all users to see summary and detailed statistics of how many people had viewed, upvoted, and shared their questions and answers.|
|2014||April||Funding||Quora raises $80 million in a series C at $900 million valuation, with Tiger Global Management and Y Combinator as investors|
|2014||June||Quora becomes one of the Summer 2014 Y Combinator companies.|
|2015||November||"Quora launches Writing Sessions as challenge to Reddit's Ask Me Anything"|
|2016||January 27||Product||Quora announces a bounty system, offering financial bounties for the best answer (selected by the question asker) on select questions.|
|2016||March 30||Acquisitions||Quora acquires Parlio, an online Q&A site started by Wael Ghonim.|
|2016||April 20||Advertising||Quora announces that it will start out testing advertisements, on a small number of question pages.|
|2016||May 26||Team||Marc Bodnick, Quora's public face and leader of its business and moderation team, announces that he is leaving the company.|
|2016||June 26||"Google CEO Sundar Pichai’s Quora account hacked"|
|2016||August||Product||Quora announces support for the Spanish, its second language.|
|2016||November||Team||Kelly Battles announced as new chief financial officer (CFO).|
|2017||January 12||Competition||"Zhihu, a Quora clone, is now worth a billion dollars" "Quora, that Q&A site you used a few years back and then forgot about, is not having as much luck as its Chinese clone. Zhihu, launched two years after Quora, is now a start-up “unicorn” after it secured $100 million in series D funding." "Zhihu, also known as China’s Quora, has closed a US$100 million round of funding, the company said on Thursday."|
|2017||January 30||"We are excited to announce the first in what we plan to be a series of public dataset releases. Our dataset releases will be oriented around various problems of relevance to Quora and will give researchers in diverse areas such as machine learning, natural language processing, network science, etc. "|
|2017||February 10||Product||Quora announces major changes to how anonymity works on the site. Anonymous answers would now be delinked from the user's main account, and anonymous users would now be able to only post questions and answers and not take other actions like upvote, comment, merge questions, suggest edits, etc. Previously anonymous answers would stay up, but get delinked (users would receive an email with the anonymous edit links for their anonymous answers). Anonymous content would also be reviewed now before being circulated widely.|
|2017||February 23||Quora announces it is officially using and contributing to Wikidata, a knowledge base run by the Wikimedia Foundation that is collaboratively edited like Wikipedia.|
|2017||March||Quora launches in French, its third language.|
|2017||April 21||Funding||Quora raises $85 million Series D at a $1.8 billion valuation, double of its Series C valuation of $900 million (where it raised $80 million). The increased valuation is attributed to hitting userbase growth goals (almost doubling from 100 million to 190 million). Investors include Sam Altman and YC Continuity, Collaborative Fund, Tiger Global, and Dustin Moskovitz. The funding would help the company expand internationally and develop its ad business.|
|2017||April||Quora claims to have 190 million monthly unique visitors, up from 100 million a year earlier.|
|2017||May 11||Quora launches beta versions in German and Italian.|
|2017||May 22||Product||Quora starts running with a limited number of people a beta test of video answers. Authors in this group would be able to record videos on mobile devices for their answers using the Quora iOS and Android apps.|
|2017||May 23||Advertising||Quora launches a self-serve ad platform. Previously, advertising on Quora was open only to a small number of select partners. Initial advertiser feedback praises the interface and the cost-effectiveness but asks for larger reach and more granular targeting options.|
|2017||August 17||Advertising||Quora announces support for website retargeting on its ad platform. To avail of this, advertisers would need to install the Quora Conversion Pixel on their site (for Quora to know if a user visited their site).|
|2017||August||Quora is highly criticized for removing question details. According to some users, the removal of question details limits the ability to submit personal questions and questions requiring code excerpts, multimedia, or complexity of any sort that could not fit into the length limit for a URL.|
|2017||September 25||Japanese Quora launches.|
|2017||September 29||Quora rolls out Video on Quora in beta to all users. From any question, users would be able to tap the record button from the iOS and Android apps to record a new video answer.|
|2017||October||Competition||"Brainly raises $14 million for its Quora-for-kids education tech" "Brainly already has 10% of the market of kids in that age group, using the company's Quora-like service to help each other learn"|
|2018||March||"Quora’s ad pixel now supports multi-event conversion tracking"|
|2018||March||"Quora launches List Match Targeting for reaching audiences based on email lists"|
|2018||April 24||Quora announces the Quora Partner Program, with the purpose to "compensate participants for adding good questions that many people in the world may have".|
|2018||April||Quora announces beta versions in Hindi, Portuguese, and Indonesian.|
|2018||May||"Quora launches Video Answers" "Back in May, they started playing with native videos in a closed beta release. Only users in the certain groups like beauty, cooking, fitness, and parenting had access to it."|
|2018||May 22||"Quora, the Q&A platform, is expanding its advertising offerings with the launch of image ads. Announced Tuesday, the new format is available on mobile and desktop."|
|2018||June||"Quora's founding CEO Adam D'Angelo on Tuesday announced a lineup of Japanese leaders in various fields, including an astronaut, an archaeologist and an expert in artificial intelligence, who are willing to become involved in the online question-and-answer forum run by his company. He made the announcement at the Global Digital Summit in Tokyo, a technology event hosted by Nikkei."|
|2018||June 5||Quora launches service inHindi, Portuguese, and Indonesian.|
|2018||August||Quora introduces the ability for users to share links.|
|2018||September||Quora introduces Broad Targeting, a targeting option that relies on machine learning to optimize ad delivery to reach users most likely to take the desired action.|
|2018||September||Userbase||As of date, Quora has 300 million unique users.|
|2018||December 3||Security||"Quora says 100 million users hacked" "In December 2018 there was a security breach that damaged 100 million users of Quora."|
|2018||November||Quora ends support of user blogs and introduces a new feature called "Spaces".|
|2019||January||"Quora adds search-like keyword targeting, Auction Insights for advertisers. Keyword targeting offers the intent targeting of search and can be more granular than topic targeting. Auction Insights offer competitive visibility."|
|2019||January||Userbase||Quora reports userbase composed of a 43/57 female to male ratio.|
|2019||January 16||Quora announces support for Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Bengali, Marathi, and Tamil languages.|
|2019||January 31||Quora launches Action Insights, a tool to help marketers understand the competitiveness of a brand’s ads in the Quora platform. The tool is composed of three new metrics, including Auctions Lost to Competition, which shows the percentage of auctions that the marketer's ad set entered but did not win an ad impression in one of the ad slots available. A second feature, Impression Share, is the percentage of auctions the ad set entered and won an ad impression. A third feature, Absolute Impression Share, is the percentage of auctions that the ad set entered and won.|
|2019||February 27||Quora introduces the ability to bulk edit and bulk create ads within the Quora Ads Manager.|
|2019||April||Quora announces the integration of the Quora Pixel with Google Tag Manager, streamlining the process of adding the Pixel to a website.|
|2019||May||"Quora Launches New Business Podcast, Google Tag Manager Integration" "Quora has announced a new integration with Google Tag Manager to help streamline its data tracking tools, while its also launching a new podcast which will focus on how businesses are using Quora's ad tools to reach engaged audiences."|
|2019||May||"in May 2019, it was valued to be $2 billion in a round of investors which counted to be $ 60 million sponsored mainly by Tesla and SpaceX. "|
|2019||August||Competition||"Chinese Q&A website Zhihu has reportedly completed a USD 434 million (or more than RMB 3 billion) series F funding round, the largest sum it has raised to-date, as reported by 36Kr."|
|2019||August||Quora integrates LiveRamp IdentityLink in Quora Ads Manager, enabling the advertisers to onboard people-based audiences.|
|2019||September||According to Alexa Internet, India makes up the largest user base at 38%, followed by the United States at 26%, with an overall global site ranking of 233.|
|2019||October||"Quora adds 3 new targeting options for advertisers" "Keyword history targeting. This is a blend of the existing keyword targeting and question retargeting options on Quora. You can reach people who have shown an interest in subjects related to your business based on the keywords you’re using. Your ads will target who have visited groups of question pages in a given time period, such as the past 20 days, for example. Ads display on users’ feeds, topic feeds, and question pages." "Gender targeting. If your company produces products designed specifically for men or women, this option can help you direct spend to your target customers. Quora also notes that some businesses may see improved results from messaging tailored to male and female audiences. Quora said that during the beta, some advertisers saw conversion rate lifts of up to 40% over campaigns without gender targeting. You’ll find this option located at the ad set-level under Demographic Targeting." "Browser targeting. Quora already offers the ability to target by device and mobile platforms, but now you can now target ad sets to specific desktop browsers, including Chrome, Safari and Firefox. This capability is ideal for software that is designed to be browser-specific, for example."|
|2019||November||Quora hires former Yahoo India Managing Director Gurmit Singh to lead business growth in India, one of its fastest growing markets with over 70 million monthly unique visitors in English. The company also announces the establishment of its first India office.|
|2019||December 9||Quora announces launch in Arabic, Gujarati, Hebrew, Kannada, Malayalam, and Telugu languages.|
|2019||December||Quora announces that it would open its first international engineering office in Vancouver, which would deal with mechanical learning and other engineering functions.|
|2019||December||"Quora launches Lead Gen Forms Ads"|
|2019||December 17||In a bid to attract the rising number of internet users in India, Quora adds Malayalam, Telugu, Gujarati and Kannada for its users in the country. With the addition, the service reaches a total of 24 languages.|
|2020||January 1||A retired Palestinian American professor files a lawsuit against Quora at the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, alleging that she has been wrongfully banned from the website and accused of posting hate speech for her pro-Palestinian views and anti-Zionist views.|
Meta information on the timeline
How the timeline was built
The initial version of the timeline was written by User:Issa.
Funding information for this timeline is available.
Feedback and comments
Feedback for the timeline can be provided at the following places:
What the timeline is still missing
Timeline update strategy
- "3 Less Popular Social Media Platforms Worth Tapping Into for Overall Brand Success". fusion360agency.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "V.C.'s Answer Yes to Quora". Nytimes.com. March 30, 2010. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Baig, Edward C. "Social-networking site Quora has answers to your questions". USA Today. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Yiannopoulos, Milo. "Quora will be bigger than Twitter". London: Telegraph. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "3 Growth Hacking Examples You Can Learn From". business2community.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "How to make app like Quora". vyrazu.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "How Quora will help you in digital marketing?". curvearro.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "How Quora Works and Makes Money". investopedia.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- Mill, Eric. "Quora Keeps the World's Knowledge For Itself". konklone.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Baio, Andy (4 December 2018). "Why You Should Never, Ever Use Quora". Waxy.org. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "HOW TO BUILD A QUESTION AND ANSWER WEBSITE LIKE QUORA". merehead.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "Asking and answering questions on Quora". inclass.kaggle.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "Quora introduces Broad Targeting, says audience hits 300 million monthly users". marketingland.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- ""Malicious" Quora Data Attack Compromises 100 Million Users". fortune.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- Bea, Hannah Long (September 18, 2017). "Announcing the first Quora World Meetup". THE QUORA BLOG.
- "Reach 300+ million monthly unique visitors on Quora". quora.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Yes, Quora still exists, and it's now worth $2 billion". vox.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "quora". trends.google.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Quora Has The Magic: Benchmark Invests at $86 Million Valuation". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora". Https:. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Kincaid, Jason (June 21, 2010). "Quora's Highly Praised Q&A Service Launches To The Public (And The Real Test Begins)". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Q&A search site Quora opens to the public". CNET. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Quora adds ability to insert images, no longer just a Q&A site.". thenextweb.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- Lewenstein, ed. (November 28, 2010). "Quora Signups Explode". Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Meet Quora's New Grown-Up: Elevation Partners' Marc Bodnick". Business Insider. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Why did Quora choose C++ over C for its high performance services? - Quora". Quora.com. Retrieved February 12, 2011.
- Tsotsis, Alexia (June 24, 2011). "Inspired by Wikipedia, Quora aims for relevancy with topic groups and reorganized topic pages". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Quora Adds Video To Its Q&A Pages". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Quora Testing User Credits For "Ask To Answer" Questions". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Cheever, Charlie. "Charlie Cheever's answer to How did Adam D'Angelo and Charlie Cheever come up with the name Quora?". Quora. Quora, Inc. Retrieved 15 Januaru 2020. Check date values in:
- "Quora Gets Threaded Comments, Comment Voting, Editing And Images". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Tsotsis, Alexia. "Quora Gets Threaded Comments, Comment Voting, Editing And Images". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora Launches 'Views' To Show You Exactly Who Is Reading Your Posts". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Quora reveals your reading habits by default with 'Views'". cnet.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Quora Views lets you see who is reading your content". theverge.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "After Privacy Uproar, Quora Feeds Will No Longer Show Data On What Other Users Have Viewed". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Amid privacy concerns, Quora stops publishing your reading activity in news feeds". theverge.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Quora listened to you and changed its "Views" privacy setting". nakedsecurity.sophos.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Quora launches quote embed feature". itproportal.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Quora Is On A Quest For Users With Its New Embeddable Quotes". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Quora Reaches Out To The Web With Embeddable Content Widget". marketingland.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- Yung-Hui, Lim (September 12, 2012). "Co-Founder Charlie Cheever Leaves And Quora Is Curve Jumping". Forbes. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Cofounder Charlie Cheever moves away from day-to-day operations at Quora". venturebeat.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "The One Question That No One Will Answer On Quora". slate.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Quora Introduces A New Top Writers Program As A Hat Tip To Its Most Valuable Contributors". Fastcompany.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Constine, Josh (January 23, 2013). "Quora Launches Blogging Platform With Mobile Text Editor To Give Every Author A Built-In Audience". TechCrunch. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "What is your favorite Quora policy or new feature? What Quora feature(s) should be improved or eliminated? - Quora". Https:. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- Russell, Jon (March 21, 2013). "Quora finally introduces full-text search to boost content discovery". The Next Web. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- Constine, Josh (May 29, 2013). "Quora Brings Full-Text Search to Mobile to Unlock FAQ&As for Any Keyword". TechCrunch. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Tsotsis, Alexia (May 28, 2013). "Quora Grew More than 3X across All Metrics in the Past Year". Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Gannes, Liz (November 12, 2013). "Quora Gives Its Writers a Stats Dashboard". AllThingsD. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Truong, Alice (November 12, 2013). "'Quora Stats' Tells You If People Find Your Posts Useful". Fast Company. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Quora Wants To Stay Independent, Raises $80M Series C From Tiger Global At ~$900M Valuation". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Constine, Josh (May 11, 2014). "Q: Why Did Quora Join Y Combinator? A: It Was Almost Free". TechCrunch. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Quora launches Writing Sessions as challenge to Reddit's Ask Me Anything". theverge.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora Turns 80M Visitors Into Q&A Bounty Hunters With Knowledge Prizes". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- "Quora's first acquisition is Arab Spring instigator's Q&A site Parlio". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- "Quora begins testing ads on 'small number' of question pages". Venturebeat.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- Constine, Josh (May 26, 2016). "Quora loses its public face, Marc Bodnick". TechCrunch. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Google CEO Sundar Pichai's Quora account hacked". thehindu.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "GOOGLE CEO'S QUORA ACCOUNT HIJACKED BY ZUCKERBERG HACKERS". newsweek.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "Google CEO's Quora account briefly hijacked by Mark Zuckerberg hackers". theverge.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "Expanding Quora Beyond English Into Spanish". Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- "Quora launches in Spanish, its second language". venturebeat.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "Quora se estrena en español". elpais.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "Joining Quora as CFO - Kelly Battles' Posts - Quora". kellybattles.quora.com. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "Foundation trustee to join Quora as finance officer". The Signpost. 2016-11-26.
- "Zhihu, a Quora clone, is now worth a billion dollars". business-standard.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "China's Quora-like Zhihu raises US$100 million in fresh funding from venture capital firms". scmp.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "Data At Quora: First Quora Dataset Release - Question Pairs". forbes.com. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- Patterson, Riley (February 10, 2017). "Upcoming Changes to Anonymity on Quora". Quora. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Perez, Sarah (February 10, 2017). "Q&A site Quora clamps down on anonymity – will review content before publishing, restrict actions". TechCrunch. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Announcing Wikidata References on Topics". quora.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Quora launches in French, its third language". venturebeat.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Quora launches in French, its third language". startuphero.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- Constine, Josh (April 21, 2017). "Q&A app Quora valued around $1.8 billion in $85 million fundraise". Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Series D - Quora". CrunchBase. April 21, 2017. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Magistretti, Bérénice (April 21, 2017). "Quora raises $85 million to expand internationally and develop its ads business". VentureBeat. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Constine, Josh. "Q&A app Quora valued around $1.8 billion in $85 million fundraise". TechCrunch. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Seshasai, Shreyes (May 11, 2017). "Launching betas for Quora in Italiano & Quora a... - The Quora Blog - Quora". blog.quora.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Constine, Josh (May 22, 2017). "Quora tests video answers to steal Q&A from YouTube". TechCrunch. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Expanding the Video Beta". quora.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Tepper, Fitz (May 23, 2017). "Quora just launched a self-serve ad platform". TechCrunch. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "5 Things You Should Know About Quora Ads". Clix Marketing. June 29, 2017. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Halloran, Tim (June 15, 2017). "Pros and Cons of Quora Ads – A 90 Day Look". Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Marvin, Ginny (July 21, 2017). "Here's what performance advertisers are saying about Quora's new ad platform. Whether they've been on the platform for one month or seven, advertiser feedback is strikingly similar: We like the performance -- when can we scale?". Marketing Land. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Browne, Ryan (August 17, 2017). "Announcing Retargeting on the Quora Ads Platform". Quora. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Marvin, Ginny (August 17, 2017). "Quora launches retargeting for advertisers. Advertisers can build audience lists and create ads targeted to segments of past site visitors.". MarketingLand. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Why did Quora get rid of question details? Isn't it rather crucial to understand over half of the existing content on the site? Why not just prevent people from adding details to new questions while retaining the details attached to the old ones? - Quora". www.quora.com.
- "Do you want Quora to bring question details back? - Quora". www.quora.com.
- "The Quora Blog". quora.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Brainly raises $14 million for its Quora-for-kids education tech". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora's ad pixel now supports multi-event conversion tracking". marketingland.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora launches List Match Targeting for reaching audiences based on email lists". marketingland.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora Partner Program Beta". quora.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- Seshasai, Shreyes (April 19, 2018). "Announcing Betas for Quora in Hindi, Indonesian... - The Quora Blog - Quora". blog.quora.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Quora Launches Video Answers - the end of Youtube?". animaker.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Quora launches native image ads globally". marketingland.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Introducing Image Ads on the Quora Advertising Platform". quora.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora pushes into Asia with social media information service". asia.nikkei.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Launching Quora in Hindi, Indonesian, and Portuguese". quora.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "QUORA LAUNCHES BAHASA INDONESIA VERSION OF PLATFORM, MARKS SEA DEBUT". digitalnewsasia.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "A New Way to Share on Quora". quora.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Quora says 100 million users hacked". bbc.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora says 100 million users hit by 'malicious' data breach". edition.cnn.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora says hackers stole up to 100 million users' data". theverge.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora says 100 million users may have been affected by data breach". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Introducing Spaces - The Quora Blog - Quora". blog.quora.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Quora adds search-like keyword targeting, Auction Insights for advertisers". marketingland.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora Ads now with Keyword Targeting available". ppc.land. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "15 Quora Statistics Marketers Need to Know For 2020". foundationinc.co. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Launching Quora in 8 New Languages". quora.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Quora launches Bengali service". thedailystar.net. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "First Reddit, Now Quora For Search Marketers". mediapost.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Announcing Bulk Ad Creation and Editing". quora.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Quora intros bulk ad creation, editing". marketingland.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "OTHER PLATFORMS The Quora Pixel Is Now Integrated With Google Tag Manager". wersm.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora Launches New Business Podcast, Google Tag Manager Integration". socialmediatoday.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Tencent-backed "Chinese Quora" Zhihu receives USD 434 million strategic investment from Baidu and Kuaishou". kr-asia.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Quora integrates LiveRamp IdentityLink in Quora Ads Manager". ppc.land. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora.com Traffic, Demographics and Competitors - Alexa". www.alexa.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Quora adds 3 new targeting options for advertisers". marketingland.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Quora To Set Up First Office In India; Adds Gujarati, Telugu Support". inc42.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Quora appoints new India head to expand presence in country". inc42.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Former Yahoo India MD Gurmit Singh joins Quora as India GM". thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Quora now live in Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada and Gujarati". economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- D'Angelo, Adam. "Opening a Vancouver Quora Office". Quora. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Quora launches Lead Gen Forms Ads". ppc.land. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- Rawat, Aman. "Indian Quora Users Can Now Discuss In Four New Vernacular Languages". inc42.com. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Blumberg, Peter (January 12, 2020). "Pro-Palestine Professor Sues Quora for Censorship After Banning". Bloomberg. Retrieved January 5, 2020.