User:Issa/Timeline of my mathematical education
|Time period||Development summary||More details|
|Year||Month and date||Topics||Details|
|calculus||IB math (calculus)|
|IB math HL (random topics)|
|2014||September||proof-based calculus||math 134|
|proof-based calculus, differential equations||math 135|
|multivariable calculus, linear algebra?||math 136|
|real analysis/point-set topology||math 334|
|2015||autumn||mathematical modeling||AMATH 383|
|real analysis||math 335|
|2016||April||complex analysis||math 336|
|2017||October 19 – December 8||Machine learning||I complete Andrew Ng's Coursera course.|
|2018||April||Computability, logic||First pass through Boolos/Burgess/Jeffrey's Computability and Logic.|
|2018||May 2||Judgment day #1.|
|2018||May||Linear algebra||Axler's Linear Algebra Done Right (3rd edition).|
|2018||June 26||I become increasingly frustrated about forgetting the math that I've been learning, and I install Anki. However, at first I don't really use it for math; see below.|
|2018||July 4||Michael Nielsen's article about spaced repetition is published, (I think I first heard about it via email, as I am subscribed to his projects mailing list)|
|2018||July 8||I begin to incorporate spaced repetition into my math study routine.|
|2018||July||PCA, multivariable calculus (differentiation, chain rule)|
|2018||August 2-3 (any other days?)||Logical induction||I spend some time reading "Logical Induction" again, taking notes in Anki, and starting "Logical induction notation".|
|2018||August||game theory, information aggregation in markets, belief propagation|
|2018||August 24 (?) - August 27||Aumann's agreement theorem||I spend some time reading and learning about wikipedia:Aumann's agreement theorem, and begin work on "Aumann's agreement theorem" page.|
|2018||September||belief propagation, game theory, computability|
|2018||September 27 (?) – November ??||real analysis||I decided to go through real analysis again, because I didn't internalize the material well enough on the previous occasions. Using Tao's Analysis I: chapter 2 around September 27; chapter 3 around October 4; in chapter 5 on October 18; in chapter 6 on November 5|
Meta information on the timeline
How the timeline was built
The initial version of the timeline was written by Issa Rice.
Feedback and comments
Feedback for the timeline can be provided at the following places:
What the timeline is still missing
Timeline update strategy
- Use posts from my updates blog to add new events.
- Issa Rice (December 9, 2014). "MATH 134". Issa Rice. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- Issa Rice (March 29, 2015). "MATH 135". Issa Rice. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- Issa Rice (June 11, 2015). "MATH 136". Issa Rice. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- "MATH 334". Issa Rice. October 11, 2015. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- Issa Rice (October 11, 2015). "AMATH 383". Issa Rice. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- "MATH 335". Issa Rice. February 21, 2016. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- "MATH 336". Issa Rice. April 13, 2016. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- Issa Rice (December 27, 2017). "Machine learning study log". Issa Rice. Retrieved November 25, 2018.