User:Vipul/Monthly analytics report
This experimental report is based on an analysis of the timelines wiki main page table.
October to November 2019 report
SRD = search ranking-driven. We will only check for SRD for slight and large increases and decreases. Negligible changes won't be diagnosed.
- LI = large increase (more than 2x the previous data point)
- SI = slight increase (1.15-2x the previous data point)
- NI = negligible increase (1-1.15x the previous data point)
- NN = neutral (same as previous data point)
- ND = negligible decrease (0.9-1x the previous data point)
- SD = slight decrease (0.5-1x the previous data point)
- LD = large decrease (less than 0.5x the previous data point)
Information on the top few timelines:
- Online food delivery: SRD SI
- SpaceX: SRD SI
- Samsung: SRD SI
- Bioethics: SRD LI
- Cloud computing: SRD SI (also, some increase in non-search-driven traffic)
- WeWork: SRD SD. I believe this may be because our timeline has not kept pace with the recent developments, so it is not being shown that much in Google Search.
- Spotify: SRD SI
- Diabetes: SRD SI
- Wi-Fi: SRD SI
- Netflix: NI
- Environmentalist movement: SRD SD
- Uber: NN
- Nokia: NI
- Sanitation: SRD SI
- Amazon.com: SRD SI
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: SRD LI
- Universal healthcare: SRD SI
- DNA sequencing: SRD SI
- Radiology: NI
- Antibiotics: SRD LI
- Lyft: NI
- TempleOS: SI
- Surgery: LI
- Roads: ND
Most timelines saw a slight increase. Only a few saw a large increase, negligible change, or slight decrease.
Timelines that are seeing a large increase
Two timelines in particular stand out:
I believe both timelines can benefit from a structural revamp, with better column structure. However, neither seems "urgent" so I'll pass the message to User:Sebastian and he can queue them up for a later date.
Timelines that are seeing a slight decrease
The timeline that stands out most in this regard is timeline of WeWork. I believe this may be because our timeline has not kept pace with the recent developments, so it is not being shown that much in Google Search. It is already in the priority work list, and this decline further reinforces the need for it to be there.