Timeline of private foundations
This is a timeline of private foundations.
- 1 Big picture
- 2 Visual data
- 3 Full timeline
- 4 Meta information on the timeline
- 5 See also
- 6 External links
- 7 References
The comparative chart below shows Google Trends data for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (Foundation), Ford Foundation (Private foundation), The Pew Charitable Trusts (Non-profit), The Rockefeller Foundation (Foundation) and MacArthur Foundation (Private foundation), from January 2004 to April 2021, when the screenshot was taken. Interest is also ranked by country and displayed on world map.
Google Ngram Viewer
The comparative chart below shows pageviews on desktop of the English Wikipedia articles Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Wellcome Trust, Stichting INGKA Foundation, Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Novo Nordisk Foundation, from December 2007 to March 2021.
|Year||Month and date||Event type||Details|
|1913||May 14||The Rockefeller Foundation is founded.|
|1930||June||The W. K. Kellogg Foundation is founded.|
|1936||January 15||The Ford Foundation is founded.|
|1937||The Lilly Endowment is founded.|
|1937||The Robert W. Woodruff Foundation is founded as the Trebor Foundation.|
|1948||The Pew Charitable Trusts is founded.|
|1955||The Starr Foundation is founded.|
|1964||The David and Lucile Packard Foundation is founded.|
|1969||June 30||The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation is founded.|
|1970||The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation is founded.|
|1972||The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is founded.|
|2000||The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is founded.|
Meta information on the timeline
How the timeline was built
The initial version of the timeline was written by FIXME.
Funding information for this timeline is available.
Feedback and comments
Feedback for the timeline can be provided at the following places:
What the timeline is still missing
Timeline update strategy
- "Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Ford Foundation, The Pew Charitable Trusts, The Rockefeller Foundation and MacArthur Foundation". Google Trends. Retrieved 26 April 2021.
- "Novo Nordisk Foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stichting INGKA Foundation and Wellcome Trust". books.google.com. Retrieved 26 April 2021.
- "Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Wellcome Trust, Stichting INGKA Foundation, Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Novo Nordisk Foundation". wikipediaviews.org. Retrieved 26 April 2021.
- "About the Foundation". Robert W. Woodruff Foundation. Retrieved March 20, 2017.
Mr. Woodruff established the Trebor Foundation in 1937