Timeline of Quora
|June 2009||Product||Quora founded|
|March 2010||Funding||Quora raises $11 million in a series A, with Benchmark Capital as an investor|
|June 2010||Product||Quora announces that it will open up to the public|
|January 2011||Team||Marc Bodnick leaves Elevation Partners to join Quora|
|February 2011||Technology||Quora chooses C++ over C for its high performance services|
|July 2011||Product||Quora introduces video to its Q&A pages|
|July 2011||Product||Quora introduces Credits for asking-to-answer questions|
|September 2011||Product||Quora introduces threaded comments and comment voting|
|May 2012||Funding||Quora raises $50 million in a series B, with Peter Thiel and Adam D'Angelo as investors|
|September 2012||Team||Co-founder Charlie Cheever leaves|
|November 2012||Product||Quora introduces Top Writers program|
|January 2013||Product||Quora introduces blogs|
|March 2013||Product||Quora introduces a policy eliminating image-only answers.|
|April 2014||Funding||Quora raises $80 million in a series C at $900 million valuation, with Tiger Global Management and Y Combinator as investors|
|January 2016||Product||Quora announces bounty system, offering financial bounties for the best answer (selected by the question asker) on select questions.|
|March 2016||Product||Quora acquires Parlio, an online Q&A site started by Wael Ghonim.|
|April 2016||Product||Quora announces that it will start out testing advertisements, on a small number of question pages.|
|May 2016||Team||Marc Bodnick, Quora's public face and leader of its business and moderation team, announces that he is leaving the company.|
|August 2016||Product||Quora announces support for the Spanish language.|
|November 2016||Team||Kelly Battles announced as new chief financial officer (CFO).|
- "Quora". Https:. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Q&A search site Quora opens to the public". CNET. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Meet Quora's New Grown-Up: Elevation Partners' Marc Bodnick". Business Insider. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Why did Quora choose C++ over C for its high performance services? - Quora". Quora.com. Retrieved February 12, 2011.
- "Quora Adds Video To Its Q&A Pages". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Quora Testing User Credits For "Ask To Answer" Questions". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Quora Gets Threaded Comments, Comment Voting, Editing And Images". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Yung-Hui, Lim (September 12, 2012). "Co-Founder Charlie Cheever Leaves And Quora Is Curve Jumping". Forbes. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Quora Introduces A New Top Writers Program As A Hat Tip To Its Most Valuable Contributors". Fastcompany.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Constine, Josh (January 23, 2013). "Quora Launches Blogging Platform With Mobile Text Editor To Give Every Author A Built-In Audience". TechCrunch. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- "What is your favorite Quora policy or new feature? What Quora feature(s) should be improved or eliminated? - Quora". Https:. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Quora Wants To Stay Independent, Raises $80M Series C From Tiger Global At ~$900M Valuation". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Quora Turns 80M Visitors Into Q&A Bounty Hunters With Knowledge Prizes". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- "Quora's first acquisition is Arab Spring instigator's Q&A site Parlio". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- "Quora begins testing ads on 'small number' of question pages". Venturebeat.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- "Expanding Quora Beyond English Into Spanish". Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- "Joining Quora as CFO - Kelly Battles' Posts - Quora". kellybattles.quora.com. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "Foundation trustee to join Quora as finance officer". The Signpost. 2016-11-26.