Timeline of Quora
|Year||Month and date (if available)||Event type||Details|
|2010||March||Funding||Quora raises $11 million in a series A, with Benchmark Capital as an investor|
|2010||June||Product||Quora announces that it will open up to the public|
|2011||January||Team||Marc Bodnick leaves Elevation Partners to join Quora|
|2011||February||Technology||Quora chooses C++ over C for its high performance services|
|2011||July||Product||Quora introduces video to its Q&A pages|
|2011||July||Product||Quora introduces Credits for asking-to-answer questions|
|2011||September||Product||Quora introduces threaded comments and comment voting|
|2012||May||Funding||Quora raises $50 million in a series B, with Peter Thiel and Adam D'Angelo as investors|
|2012||September||Team||Co-founder Charlie Cheever leaves|
|2012||November||Product||Quora introduces Top Writers program|
|2013||January||Product||Quora introduces blogs|
|2013||March||Product||Quora introduces a policy eliminating image-only answers.|
|2014||April||Funding||Quora raises $80 million in a series C at $900 million valuation, with Tiger Global Management and Y Combinator as investors|
|2016||January 27||Product||Quora announces a bounty system, offering financial bounties for the best answer (selected by the question asker) on select questions.|
|2016||March 30||Acquisitions||Quora acquires Parlio, an online Q&A site started by Wael Ghonim.|
|2016||April 20||Advertising||Quora announces that it will start out testing advertisements, on a small number of question pages.|
|2016||May 26||Team||Marc Bodnick, Quora's public face and leader of its business and moderation team, announces that he is leaving the company.|
|2016||August||Product||Quora announces support for the Spanish language.|
|2016||November||Team||Kelly Battles announced as new chief financial officer (CFO).|
|2017||February 10||Product||Quora announces major changes to how anonymity works on the site. Anonymous answers would now be delinked from the user's main account, and anonymous users would now be able to only post questions and answers and not take other actions like upvote, comment, merge questions, suggest edits, etc. Previously anonymous answers would stay up, but get delinked (users would receive an email with the anonymous edit links for their anonymous answers). Anonymous content would also be reviewed now before being circulated widely.|
|2017||April 21||Funding||Quora raises $85 million Series D at a $1.8 billion valuation, double of its Series C valuation of $900 million (where it raised $80 million). The increased valuation is attributed to hitting userbase growth goals (almost doubling from 100 million to 190 million). Investors include Sam Altman and YC Continuity, Collaborative Fund, Tiger Global, and Dustin Moskovitz. The funding would help the company expand internationally and develop its ad business.|
|2017||May 22||Product||Quora tests video answers.|
|2017||May 23||Advertising||Quora launches a self-serve ad platform. Previously, advertising on Quora was open only to a small number of select partners. Initial advertiser feedback praises the interface and the cost-effectiveness but asks for larger reach and more granular targeting options.|
|2017||August 17||Advertising||Quora announces support for website retargeting on its ad platform. To avail of this, advertisers would need to install the Quora Conversion Pixel on their site (for Quora to know if a user visited their site).|
- "Quora". Https:. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Q&A search site Quora opens to the public". CNET. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Meet Quora's New Grown-Up: Elevation Partners' Marc Bodnick". Business Insider. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Why did Quora choose C++ over C for its high performance services? - Quora". Quora.com. Retrieved February 12, 2011.
- "Quora Adds Video To Its Q&A Pages". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Quora Testing User Credits For "Ask To Answer" Questions". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Quora Gets Threaded Comments, Comment Voting, Editing And Images". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Yung-Hui, Lim (September 12, 2012). "Co-Founder Charlie Cheever Leaves And Quora Is Curve Jumping". Forbes. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Quora Introduces A New Top Writers Program As A Hat Tip To Its Most Valuable Contributors". Fastcompany.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Constine, Josh (January 23, 2013). "Quora Launches Blogging Platform With Mobile Text Editor To Give Every Author A Built-In Audience". TechCrunch. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- "What is your favorite Quora policy or new feature? What Quora feature(s) should be improved or eliminated? - Quora". Https:. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Quora Wants To Stay Independent, Raises $80M Series C From Tiger Global At ~$900M Valuation". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Quora Turns 80M Visitors Into Q&A Bounty Hunters With Knowledge Prizes". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- "Quora's first acquisition is Arab Spring instigator's Q&A site Parlio". Techcrunch.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- "Quora begins testing ads on 'small number' of question pages". Venturebeat.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- Constine, Josh (May 26, 2016). "Quora loses its public face, Marc Bodnick". TechCrunch. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Expanding Quora Beyond English Into Spanish". Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- "Joining Quora as CFO - Kelly Battles' Posts - Quora". kellybattles.quora.com. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "Foundation trustee to join Quora as finance officer". The Signpost. 2016-11-26.
- Patterson, Riley (February 10, 2017). "Upcoming Changes to Anonymity on Quora". Quora. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Perez, Sarah (February 10, 2017). "Q&A site Quora clamps down on anonymity – will review content before publishing, restrict actions". TechCrunch. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Constine, Josh (April 21, 2017). "Q&A app Quora valued around $1.8 billion in $85 million fundraise". Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Series D - Quora". CrunchBase. April 21, 2017. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Magistretti, Bérénice (April 21, 2017). "Quora raises $85 million to expand internationally and develop its ads business". VentureBeat. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Constine, Josh (May 22, 2017). "Quora tests video answers to steal Q&A from YouTube". TechCrunch. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Tepper, Fitz (May 23, 2017). "Quora just launched a self-serve ad platform". TechCrunch. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "5 Things You Should Know About Quora Ads". Clix Marketing. June 29, 2017. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Halloran, Tim (June 15, 2017). "Pros and Cons of Quora Ads – A 90 Day Look". Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Marvin, Ginny (July 21, 2017). "Here's what performance advertisers are saying about Quora's new ad platform. Whether they've been on the platform for one month or seven, advertiser feedback is strikingly similar: We like the performance -- when can we scale?". Marketing Land. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Browne, Ryan (August 17, 2017). "Announcing Retargeting on the Quora Ads Platform". Quora. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Marvin, Ginny (August 17, 2017). "Quora launches retargeting for advertisers. Advertisers can build audience lists and create ads targeted to segments of past site visitors.". MarketingLand. Retrieved November 5, 2017.